DraftKings PA Sportsbook Review and Welcome Bonus
Opening its virtual doors on November 4, 2019, DraftKings has finally entered the online realm of the Pennsylvania sports betting community. Licensed and regulated through the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, DraftKings PA has partnered up with the brick-and-mortar Meadows Racetrack & Casino, owned by Penn National Gaming.
DraftKings PA is officially the sixth online outfit in Pennsylvania. So, with that said, let's take some time to examine what residents and those in the state can expect from the daily fantasy sports juggernaut.
Friendly customer service Professional looking platforms Incredible sports library Odds can be a bit out there sometimes
DraftKings PA Welcome Bonus - How to Claim
DraftKings PA has a welcome offer. Well, technically two welcome offers. These come in the form of a free bet and a deposit match.
The free bet is up to $200, but must be a minimum of $25. Meaning, if you first wager, within seven days is between $25-$200 and it loses, you will get your money back, no questions asked.
For the deposit match, there are a couple of catches, but still very much worth it. You will get a 20 percent match up to $500. Initially, though, you will only get 10 percent immediately, with the remaining 90 percent being dispersed in $1 increments per $25 wagered on the site. You must wager on events with -300 odds or better, though.
Getting Started/New Player Info
New players will be happy to find that DraftKings PA thought of them. How so? There is an entire section of the site dedicated to teaching them the proper lingo.
On the website, there is a “Help” button near the top of the page. Click here, and you will find links nearby for “Sports Betting Guides” and “Quick Start Guide”.
Between these two links, you will learn everything about DraftKings PA and the site as well as sports betting specific terminology.
The registration process at DraftKings PA is extremely simple. Chances are you already have a DraftKings account from playing daily fantasy sports, but assuming you do not, it’s still simple.
The process is broken down into four steps, asking for various personal information such as you name, address, date of birth, creating a username and password, email, last four of you social security number, among other things.
This is all necessary information to keep you safe. After this, DraftKings PA will run its geolocation software to ensure you are actually located in Pennsylvania.
DraftKings PA is available on desktop, mobile web browsers, Android and iOS. Fortunately for the user experience, all of the platforms are relatively similar. There are not many differences.
On desktop, the site feels plenty like the daily fantasy sports site. Starting at the top of the page and working our way down, here are some links you’ll find:
- Home, My Bets, Live In-Game, Rewards, Help, Flash Bet, Pools, and the online casino
- Below are links to various sports and an A-Z guide with the remainder of the sports offered
Getting into the body of the site, there is more live in-game betting options, sorted by sports. After you’ve found the sport and event you want to bet on, you will click on the odds you find favorable and the betslip will appear on the right side of the screen. Here, you will place bets or build parlays.
On mobile, you can expect the same, minus the sports and bets being at the bottom of the page and the betslip populating, taking up the page, as opposed to being on the right side of the page.
Sports and Markets Available
DraftKings PA has all the sports you love, including:
- Aussie Rules Football
- Motor Sports
For each sports, you'll find various markets available as well, including:
- Moneyline: betting on a team/player to win outright
- Spread: betting on an amount of points separating two teams to make the game “equal”
- Totals: betting on the total match points
- Parlay: betting on numerous games on one ticket where all of the “legs” must win in order for you to win
- Round Robin: betting on numerous parlay options
- Teaser: manipulating things such as the spread in your favor, while altering the odds
- Futures: betting on an event that will happen at a later date e.g. a team to win the league
We don’t want to overreact here, because it’s not really a huge deal, but from time to time, specifically moneyline odds for whatever reason, can be a bit outlandish compared to competition.
However, this is pretty few and far between and not anything we’d be overly concerned about, but still something that should be noted. Bear in mind this could be the result of the action DraftKings PA personally receives on these games, and it’s reflecting that.
DraftKings PA has many features, including live betting, cash out, boosted odds and flash bets.
- Live Betting: Betting on events currently in progress with the odds changing as the particular event unfolds.
- Cash Out: With this, you can cash out of bets that are not, well, going well! If you place a bet that is headed south, you can cash out and get back a portion of the money you originally wagered. This allows your virtual bankroll to remain stocked up.
- Boosted Odds: This is a collection of bets on a daily basis that have artificially boosted odds by DraftKings PA. Again, these vary every day, so there could be various sports. This is to get more “action” on these, which could also be more money in your pocket.
- Flash Bets: These are bets you could make during live games, but they, for example, could be the result of the next play in an NFL game or the next series. These are kind of like live prop bets.
Trust and Safety
Click on the “Help” button, you will find a “Contact Us” button the same page. Here, DraftKings PA lists its mailing address, email, and email form to fill out and there is also a live chat, all of which are available 24/7.
As far as safety goes, it’s very clear and evident that DraftKings is a titan in the sports industry and have the resources to have the systems in place to protect you. But, if that’s not enough for you, DraftKingd PA are licensed in the state of Pennsylvania. In order to receive a license, online sportsbooks must have systems in place to keep customer data safe.
Payments and Banking
Managing your funds is quite easy to do at DraftKings PA. Whether you prefer to pay by debit/credit card, e-wallet or prepaid card, you're sure to find a convenient option that'll suit your needs.
- Play+ Card
- Cash cage: in-person transaction at the Meadows
- Mailed check
- Cash cage
|Payment Method||Deposit Amount||Withdrawal Amount||Withdrawal Time|
|5 Min||No Minimum||2-8 Business Days|
|5 Min||No Minimum||3-5 Business Days|
What is there to say? DraftKings PA is the cream of the crop when it comes to online sportsbooks. DraftKings PA has absolutely everything and then some that you’d want when it comes to an online sportsbook.
DraftKings PA have tons of excellent features and wonderful promotions and an expansive library of sports to choose from. If you bet on sports and are in Pennsylvania, you must visit DraftKings PA.
Is Sports betting legal in Pennsylvania?
Are offshore sportsbooks legal in Pennsylvania?
Unless the sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, it is illegal to use and operate in the state.
What is the legal age to gambling in Pennsylvania?
Do I have to live in Pennsylvania to bet online?
No, but you must be located in the state at the time of attempting to place a real money wager.